Thursday, March 10, 2011

The last few days

This past weekend, TJ went to the deer camp with his brother to help build a deck on to his trailer.
So Gigi( my mom) came down to spend some QT with me Preston & Greer.

I decided, since she was there to watch the boys, that I would get crafty and
redo this ugly coffee table of ours!


       It was rainy that day, so I set up shop in the garage. Preston kept running in and out of the garage to check on what I was doing. One trip didn't turn out so great though. He rounded the corner, in his sock feet of course, and caught the door facing with his mouth! OUCH!             
I saw blood coming from his mouth and immediately PANIC ensued. 
I just knew he had knocked another tooth out. Luckily, all he got was a fat lip
:(


After all that, I finally finished my project!
TADA!
I'm quite happy with it!
Shabby Chic :)


Mama brought a few toys and the jumper for Greer that weekend.
Ever since Preston has been a little jealous, and keeps popping up in all of Greer's things.
We've found him sitting in the highchair, the jumper, the exersaucer, bumbo seat, etc...
Hopefully this will pass soon!



Greer has started eating baby food two times a day now, instead of 1.
He's already up to 19.1 lbs !!
I know, he's a chunk.

but ain't he cute !

Now i'm just ready for this weekend to hurry up and get here, so I can enjoy these cute little men some more!


Happy Almost Friday !!

2 comments:

  1. Leslie! I absolutely love the coffee table. How cute is that? What is your distressing technique?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks cal !! i used medium grit sandpaper to sand off any of the varnish that was on the table then i used a heavy grit to sand the areas like the corners and parts of the legs (where any normal wear would happen) then i painted the whole thing with the blue color then applied a brown glaze only to the areas that i wanted the distressing to show up.
    i went to sherwin williams and got them to do a little tutorial for me :)

    ReplyDelete